Thursday, December 11, 2008

Total recall Fall-2008


This is 2:25Am and I don't feel sleepy. It is not that I did not give it a try, but the reason is that my roommate is not snoring today. I am not only used to it, it has become the lullaby for this poor kid. Well, Pity me and read on. I had also tried watching The Bourne Triology back to back (torrent downloads - 26.4 GB 1080pixels blue ray), trust me guys it pays off to watch a good movie in high resolution; it turns you insomniac though. Moreover, There is one more reason for my writing this blog. This day, December 11 2008, is the first day when I am completely done with all my school related stuff for the Fall semester 2008.


When I look back at things, I amaze myself that I have been here since more than 4 months. I heard people saying that time flies by, only now I can bet that it does. It was difficult to leave everything behind and move on to a new path which no one in my pedigree thought I would traverse. To be honest with you I had this dream to do PhD since I don't know when, only that I did not know I would do it from US of A and not India. After coming here ,I have assessed their education system and I do appreciate it. The first semester itself was good enough to shove enough knowledge down my throat to clear the qualifiers for PhD, let alone the spring 2009 and beyond. I took three main courses this semester, I did fairly well in two of them. When I say fairly well I mean straight A grades. Although, I messed up in the third one, I hope I will settle down with a B in that. I have coded more lines of code in C during this semester than during my entire bachelors degree. I learnt a new language called Prolog in the course that I messed up . The beauty of prolog is that you do everything recursively. There are just recursive calls for everything, even for adding numbers you need to have recursion. Prolog is the only reason I am hoping for a B grade.

Studying was the only thing that prevailed this semester. The other new thing I have started is visiting gym regularly. It has been around three weeks since I started going to gym and I missed just two days, that too when I went shopping to Indian store. Shopping at an Indian store is a herculean task in itself as you need to walk at least 1 km with weights (Chaval, Dal, Atta, Massaale, Rajma, Chhole, Roti, Parotha, Bhujiya, Chai Patti, Adrak, Ghee, Tel ......:) ) on shoulders (someone wants to finance a car?). However, no regrets.... at least I get to cook veg and that too whatever and whenever I feel like. Well, I don't know if you can digest this but I am a decent cook, my speciality being dal tadka and baigan bharta.

I bought my first digital camera last week, which means henceforth you will not get great pictures copied from internet affixed to my blogs, instead they will be straight from this new gadget of mine. Moreover, I have almost a month long vacation and since I don't want to work at a store, I will go out to capture the fauna and flora around. Therefore, keep coming back for newer blogs frequently. I am planning to make a trip to a nearby state called Florida ;) specifically Miami beach, but only God knows if I will get that lucky. In God we trust, rest all must pay cash. On that note I take your leave. I hear those sweet sinusoidal waves of sound called snoring coming from my room which is a signal for this Jason Bourne to attack the CIA of sleep. Good night to all of you.PEACE.

1 comment:

Racer J said...

Ahem... looks like some1's studying hard.. But my dear brother please do not over do that and break our pact.

At least by this post you told the world that watcha upto! I guess we now can pardon your absence on mail.

Happy Clicking n Pasting ( We hpe to see the fauna and flora in d US of A )